"Every human being is the author of his own health or disease"
This quote by Buddha has never made more sense than the times we live in today. After all taking care of our body is the most essential thing for happiness. And why not ? Health is Wealth indeed ! All the trials and tribulations of our day-to-day existence and our endeavors to live a better life will have no meaning if the foundation i.e our body is not in a good shape. Our kids, the shining beacons of a happy tomorrow need to have a healthy environment, so that they can grow and sparkle with a flourish. Though the health awareness quotient is at an all time high, there is is still a lot to be desired for. Children of today are increasingly becoming prone to various illness and the reasons are not difficult to guess.
- Digging in to junk food and carbonated drinks
- less physical activity
- long hours before computer
- less hygiene standards
- No balanced diet
The above reasons + a host of environmental factors = stab on the kids immunity
So, What does it take to build a healthy and strong India ? Health and strength is possible only if there is a thick cloak of immunity.Immunity in essence is is protection from harmful germs and disease causing germs. Remember the A B C of your body
Always Be in Control
How do we make the kids be in control of their body ? It is not an impossible task altogether. It requires a devoted mindset to be healthy and stay healthy. It pays to remember that all talk of health is not the stylish fad of today but a life long investment that will only yield happy returns. Let me list a couple of must-do's to ensure a healthy and strong YOU
- Eat foods that boost your immune system - say yes to the reds, greens & the yellows . Say yes to the beets, strawberries,tomatoes and spinach. Include them more.
- Exercise those lazy muscles - Indulge in physical activity and as often as possible. It is a pity that many kids don't have the time to play or if they do have time, they would rather prefer to be neck deep in iPad/computer. But it is imperative to be active always. It boosts metabolism and boots out obesity.
- Reduce risk of infection by maintaining good hygiene . To make the environment and our surroundings totally infection free is not possible but we can definitely take steps to reduce infection. Washing hands thoroughly before and after eating is a sure deterrent to all those disease causing germs. Besides disinfecting with antiseptic liquids is also a sure immunity booster.
- Sleep Well - Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. A well rested body means a fresh and energetic mind.
- Stay Hydrated - Often, not drinking enough water is a window to impending disease entry. Access to clean potable water is essential and it can be ensured by drinking boiled or filtered water.
- Say NO to processed food and carbonated drinks - Piling on those crappy foods is not cool.
- Laughter is indeed the best medicine - Boot out the stress and find reasons to be happy. Life is short and it does not pay to stock regrets and gloom.
And one sure way of boosting immunity is Dabur Chyawanprash. It contains the natural ayurvedic ingredients and is a sure shot to shoo away virus, flu and other infections.
"It is far more important to know what person the disease has than what disease the person has" - HIPPOCRATES
One thing is to be remembered anything in excess is also bad. A friend of mine is a cleanliness freak. She carries more than one hand sanitizer in her packet and uses them at an alarming rate.I often chide her that it also means a weakened immune system. Being healthy and safe is important but it also means not to over do things. Ensuring a healthy and clean lifestyle goes a long way in building a strong India. A healthy body is a happy body.
This post goes to Indiblogger's An Immune India Contest in association with Dabur Chyawanprash