Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Son loves Tea


A few days back,my neighbor dropped in and was aghast seeing my son helping himself to some tea from a huge mug. Her shocked expression conveyed a myriad of things, the foremost being your son is just 3 and already tea??


What do I tell her ? Enjoying my evening cuppa of the steaming beverage has almost become a ritual and that has caught my son's fancy. He sure knows when his mom brings the strainer out and starts spouting chaaaee chaie and anxiously wait till I pour a little something for him in to his cup.




The huge mug is his favourite and as as he balances the cup in his hands,taking care not to spill the beverage, I swell with pride at his maturity.As long as he enjoys his regular health drinks (read complan) and drinks tea in moderation, I don't see any harm in his new found liking ! What say ?


So how did I react to my neighbour's quizzical expression ?
With a casual shrug and a simple Don't Judge Me look!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha..your son reminds me of myself..me and my sister both started drinking tea when we were 4 years or so..and we turned out fine !! Just tell your neighbor tea has proven anti-oxidants and a sip or two for the kids cures them of constipation !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tried impressing her with my share of knowledge but it was of no use; to each his/her own i guess :)

      Delete
  2. OMG OMG OMG adorable and sweet..big ayittan en kutti baby...vivek sends his wishes too..muah muah muah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes laks, he is a big boy..... will pass on his athai & athimber's love. xoxo to u all, esp to raghav kutty

      Delete
  3. Priya,
    May be you should just let your neighbour be. I feel you are the more "bindaas" kind of mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would actually behave exactly as your neighbour!!! :) I am very averse to giving tea to children, mainly because their bones are in a stage of development and tea retards the absorption of calcuim into their bones, making it brittle. I have a five year old girl who still drinks only milk, and she is not so fond of tea because I have never given it to her. She takes a few sips and that's it. Anyway, at a later stage, they will want to have more of chai and coffee and less of milk, so till the age we can push them, it is better to give them only milk. It is only my opinion, I know of my own relatives who give their children my daughters age very strong tea and coffee... It's just that personally, I cannot take it! :)

    ReplyDelete